I’m always on the look out for new resources – workouts, challenges, team games, etc so when I was made aware of a new product called “Challenge Workouts”, I immediately bought it.
Since it was a workout day because of all the crap that I ate last night, I went out and picked out a couple of workouts from “Challenge Complexes”. Here’s what I liked about it and some observations that I made during the workout that I did:
- I love to use barbells, kettlebells and dumbbells. So when someone creates new workouts like this one with some or all of those elements, chances are I’m going to buy it. Currently, my favorite thing to do is to combine equipment based workouts (barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells) with bodyweight exercises.
- I liked the fact that there are videos with the product. I’m visual and have too many distractions (little kids) around to just read something and get it. I need to SEE the exercise or workout.
- The video production values are pretty good – sound and volume which makes the videos easy to watch. Making videos is time consuming, so I always appreciate it when someone goes the extra step to include videos.
- I did the workout called, “Never Quit” and I substituted 2 kettlebells for a barbell. This was an easy substitution. It took about 15 seconds to complete 1 rep of the 5 exercise complex. If you are doing partner workouts, you could have 1 person do 8 seconds worth of burpees, rest 7 seconds until the rep total is completed (watch the video below to see what I mean.)
- My heart rate easily got over 100 BPM and I rested after each round until it got down below 100 BPM before I started the next round.
- These workouts are about “rhythm”. Once you master the complexes, you want to use rhythm so that you’re moving fluidly and maximizing your effort.
Watch my video review below for an INSIDE glimpse of what I got with the product and what I thought of it!