This is a short, brutal and very effective “feeder” or “finisher” fitness workout idea for your bootcamp. If you need an activity that’s interesting and different, why not pair a kettlebell clean and press with a pullup? Use rings if you don’t have access to a pull up bar.
Here’s how this workout goes:
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Right x 1 rep
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Left x 1 rep
- Pullup x 1 rep (ring rows x 5 reps)
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Right x 2 reps
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Left x 2 reps
- Pullups x 2 reps (ring rows x 4 reps)
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Right x 3 reps
- Kettlebell Clean and Press Left x 3 reps
- Pullups x 3 reps (ring rows x 3 reps)
That’s one giant set nonstop.
Rest for a minute or 2, let your heartrate get down to a safe number and then repeat EXACTLY as above for a total of 5 giant sets.
There’s something very brutal about lifting a cannonball with a handle in the clean and press fashion for escalating reps while throwing in pullups for good measure. This mini workout is a great way to introduce your clients to a new “fitness workout idea” which involves kettlebells. All you need is one kettlebell and you can have 2 people do this in a “follow the leader” type fashion for the entire activity.
I’m digging kettlebells and the more I play around with them, the more I find myself working them in to my main workouts.
Here’s a video that I just did this morning demonstrating the kettlebell clean and press and pullup finisher!
Want more? 99 never before seen bootcamp kettlebell workouts HERE.