You gotta love this game, compliments of FRANCIOSI FITNESS!
GAME: FITNESS MONOPOLY
All different colors of construction paper or printer paper
Pair of dice – any set will do but, a large set works best
Fitness equipment that you have available; can also be done
with no equipment
2 simple baskets for the center of the workout area; 1 basket
is for the Community Chest exercises and 1 basket is for the
1. Each piece of construction paper will have the name of one
of the game squares from the actual Monopoly game written/printed
on one side; even the Electric Co., Chance, and Community Chest, etc…..
2. On the back side of the paper you will write different exercises
based on the equipment you have available.
3. Construction papers will be placed in a large square around your
playing area just like the game board. I.e., I use red papers for
Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky Avenues just like the real game
4. Some of the exercises may include; prisoner squats, 1-leg pushups,
5. Gym is setup as follows below….lie down the construction papers
like a game board in your workout space.
1. Trainer stands in the center of the play area with the dice.
2. Each participant chooses an avenue to start/stand-on.
3. Trainer yells “go”; participants will turn over their avenue and
complete the exercise until the trainer rolls the dice and yells it’s
time to switch.
4. Each exercise will be done for 1-minute.
5. Trainer then rolls the dice to let everyone know how many spaces they
will move to the next spot, just like the real game I.e., if trainer
rolls a 7, participants will ‘hop’, ‘high knee skip’, etc 7 spaces to
their next avenue exercises.
6. This continues for the duration of the class….
7. Should a participant land on;
a. Chance?: They run to the middle to the Chance? Basket which contains
all cardio exercises; they will do this for the 1-minute.
b. Community Chest: Same as Chance however, Community Chest exercises are
c. Water Works: This would be a water break for the participants
d. Electric Co.: I have them run around the gym, building, etc and touch
all electric outlets.
8. Normal cooldown follows.
Have fun with this game and please holler if you have any questions or
if you have any ideas that may enhance this activity for our boot camp programs.