Here’s a great bootcamp warm up or workout idea.
Choose seven ab exercises such as:
- Ankle Wiggles
- Bicycle Crunches
- Toe Touch
- Scissor Kicks
Do 10 reps of each exercise without rest in between exercise. When finished, do 30 seconds of burpees, squat thrusts, squat jumps, shadow boxing or some other cardio exercise. 70 reps of abs + 30 seconds of the cardio exercise = 100. Repeat this 3 times for a total of 300.
Now, if you want to create a challenge out of this, do one of the following:
- Divide your bootcamp group up into teams, do the 7 ab exercises as a group. Once each team starts the 30 seconds of cardio (burpees), have each person count the number of reps that he or she gets in that 30 seconds. At the end of the 30 seconds, have one person from each team get the total number of reps performed as a team. Which team wins? Go to the next 100 and do the same thing. Change out burpees with squat jumps or something else. Which team wins this time?
- Do the same as above but as an individual challenge. Who wins?
- Do the same as above but as a partner challenge. Who wins?
- Do the same as above but as a 2 person team challenge. Which teams wins?
- At the end of each 100 add 100 body weight squats. So the total body weight squats will be 300 once the workout is complete.
These types of activities are what make bootcamp workouts so much fun. It’s like playing and field day – remember field day from elementary school?
Having fun allows you as a coach to hold a major advantage over other types of fitness activities in your community. Yes, the above warm up or workout is tough and effective BUT it’s sure to bring out the competitiveness in your bootcampers in a fun way. And of course, make sure to shoot a quick video for your youtube channel of this. Fitness is visual and when you capture this on video, you’ve captured the most powerful testimonial for your business that you can capture.
Have a great day!