I dug up this crowd pleaser yesterday, used it in my own training and decided that it was worth sharing with you.
It’s called “Eleven” and here’s how you do it:
- Lying on your back, legs together, straight up in the air, lower slowly over 10 seconds until your heels are just above the ground
- Hold for 10 seconds
- Reverse crunch x 1 rep
- Lying on your back, legs together, straight up in the air, lower slowly over 9 seconds until your heels are just above the ground
- Hold for 9 seconds
- Reverse crunch x 2 reps
- Lying on your back, legs together, straight up in the air, lower slowly over 8 seconds until your heels are just above the ground
- Hold for 8 seconds
- Reverse crunch x 3 reps
- Lying on your back, legs together, straight up in the air, lower slowly over 7 seconds until your heels are just above the ground
- Hold for 7 seconds
- Reverse crunch x 4 reps
Continue on in this manner until you get to 1 second and 10 reverse crunches.
Below is a video that I made to help understand how this works for you visual folks.
Before doing this, because it’s so concentrated on the core and lower back area, you definitely want to stretch out the core and lower back. Some people may complain that it hurts their lower back but that’s because they should:
- Place their hands underneath their butt while doing the exercise
- Take a break during the exercise and join back in when they are ready. Over time their lower backs will become strong enough to endure the entire set
- BE AWARE THAT THIS IS A DECEPTIVE EXERCISE. YOU MAY NOT FEEL IT TODAY, BUT YOU MIGHT IN 24 HOURS. START WITH 5 REPS OR LESS
To make it even more advanced, simply add ankle weights OR you could up the reps and call it “Fifteen”, “Twenty”, etc.
INCLUDE THIS MINI-WORKOUT INTO A FULL WORKOUT
You could create a full body workout with this drill (“Eleven”) by adding the following:
- 40 body weight squats
- 30 sledgehammer strikes
- 20 push-ups
- 10 pull-ups, ring rows, or body weight “pull downs” where you lie face down and simulate the pull down motion. Keep you legs off of the ground while doing this to make it harder.
- 1 minute walking lunges out, 1 minute walking lunges back
REPEAT AS DESIRED reducing the reps to 30, 20, 10, 5, 30 sec out/30 sec back and of course include the “Eleven” drill in there.
There! You’ve got a full bootcamp workout ready to rip!
FITNESS WORKOUT IDEAS
The above is an example of the types of workouts that you get with Fitness Workout Ideas Volumes 1, 2 and 3. These are actual workouts that I’ve used in my own bootcamps since 2005. They’re proven and they work.
Fitness Workout Ideas Volume 1 includes 20 workouts with short helpful videos to fill in the gaps.
- First Light
- Land Assistance
- and 17 MORE!
Fitness Workout Ideas Volume 2 includes 15 workouts with videos.
- Lock In
- and 12 MORE!
Fitness Workout Ideas Volume 3 includes 20 MORE workouts with videos.
- The Russians Are Coming
- The Rain Workout
- and 17 MORE!
Currently, Fitness Workout Ideas Volume 1-3 are included as FREE BONUSES when you grab my Bootcamp Fitness Games product.
Read all about how you can get 76 bootcamp games and workouts here!
Failure is success in progress.