Personal Trainer 70
Sometimes you just gotta take the bull by the horns and take charge.
I use a powerful piece of software to find personal training clients (online and in person) in the Texas area. I can also find online clients around the world. For instance, as of this post I know that their are 1754 opportunities around the world for personal trainers. Either someone is looking to work with a personal trainer to lose weight and get in shape or someone is looking to hire a personal trainer for their business. There are 39 opportunities in the state of Illinois, 229 in the state of California and 41 in Colorado.
And that’s just for the search phrase “personal trainer”.
How about if I searched for:
- personal training
- bootcamp trainer
- boot camp
- bootcamp program
- strength and conditioning
Sometimes I find some pretty funny want ads for a personal trainer. Like the one below:
I love the part about “don’t ask us to eat egg whites, grilled chicken, and broccoli – and never ask us to give up wine.”
- Never ask us to workout?
- Never ask us to get up too early?
- Don’t interrupt us when we’re talking to each other?
- Take lots of pictures of us for our facebook page.
I deleted that want ad.
Anyway, this software is powerful in lots of different ways and I thought you might be interested. Technology can be amazing if used in the right way. If you’re interested in having me run a personalized report for you and your bootcamp/personal training/coaching business, contact me
I’ll take up to 3 people per state, 1-2 for smaller states. You’ll get your own weekly report delivered to your mailbox of people who are looking for a trainer or companies that are looking to hire a trainer. The report comes in csv format which you can load into excel or some similar program.
How much will I charge you? Name your price.
BACK TO SCHOOL ADVERTISING
This is a great time to promote your personal training/bootcamp services to Moms and Dads who have more free time now that the kids are back in school. I’m sending 3 of my 4 back to school tomorrow and I’ll have a lot more free time to do the things that interest me. As fitness pro’s we all know that this time of the year can be dangerous in terms of that holiday weight gain – school activities, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I’m creating press releases, articles, videos and social media campaigns to target these stay at home Moms and Dads.
I’m letting them know about my training services, my availability and my desire to help them get in great shape!
It’s also a great time to train those overworked, stressed out teachers.
- Can you offer an exclusive “school yard bootcamp” just for teachers? Go to them after school and train them for 30-45 minutes
- Create an online program for them with videos, a private facebook page and a monthly fitness challenge. Teachers have always been a big part of my own bootcamp. They love training this way and they enlist their fellow teachers to join.
AVOID THE “FRESHMEN FIFTEEN”!
If you’re near a college, you can advertise your “Avoid The Freshmen Fifteen” training program/bootcamp. Let them know that those extra calories in the form of alcohol and pizza, along with sitting for long periods while studying, can put on 15lbs or more of ugly body fat.
And then offer your services. Help them build their own dorm room gym – resistance bands, light dumbbells, suspension trainer. Go on Fiverr.com and find someone to spread your business flyers, business cards around campus for $5. You can find someone on Fiverr.com to create your flyers in just a few days.
FRESHEN UP YOUR BOOTCAMP
One of my favorite “go to” guys for workouts, challenges and games is Leon Melnicenko
He’s JUST updated Unique Bootcamp Workouts to version 2.0. Inside of this massive bootcamp/personal training resource, you’ll get:
- 36 Epic Team Games: Sick of losing clients through the winter? These games are not only fun and exciting but they are proven to keep your clients up to 76% longer than normal giving you a massive boost in your income. (value: $49)
- 36 Team Challenges: Brilliant for building your fitness community very quickly, forging friendships and getting your clients working together as a team. This is the secret that will build your bootcamp and boost your profits in record time. (value: $49)
- 15 Finisher Drills – If you want to get your clients the results they came for and super fast, then use these fat burning metabolic finisher drills. Also great for building client testimonials very quickly. (value$29)
- 20 Individual Challenges: These always create a massive sense of achievement when complete and add something totally different in to the mix. Keeping thing interesting a fresh means your clients wont leave ‘YOU’ for competing camps and low cost gyms. (value: $19)
- 10 Fitness Tests: If you can show your clients they’re improving all the time, they’ll never have a reason to leave your bootcamp. This is how highly successful and profitable bootcamp owners thrive in ‘freezing cold winters‘ when everybody else seems to be sinking. (value: $19)
- 28 Partner Challenges: These are great for building friendships, especially important when new prospects come for their very first session, fitting in straight away will increasing the chance of the the prospect signing up to your bootcamp dramatically. (value: $55)
- 20 Team Circuits: You’ll no longer have to worry about getting your clients Killer results. When mixed with finisher drills, these always produce mind blowing results. Team Circuits are fun, exciting and guaranteed to super charge your workouts. (value: $39)
- 5 Sledge Hammer games: Using fun and challenging games like this instantly separates you from the competition, just think about it, who else is known in your area for delivering fun and action packed workouts, first time, every time.Exactly – Knowbody! (value: $19)
- 3 person/small group challenges – These are simple challenges that can be played just for fun or for points. They are another great way for new members to get to know the group, meaning you’ll get far more sign ups to your bootcamp programme. (value: $19)
- 50 Done for You: Tried and tested workout combinations to get you going. These are the smae workouts that took me from 6 members to over 90 in just 3 short months, just through word of mouth alone. Would you like that? (value: Priceless)
- FREE – Lifetime Upgrades of UBW 2.0: Every time I release an upgraded version of UBW 2.0, which is at least once a year, more like two. You’ll not only get the upgraded version, but you’ll get all the new bonuses that come with it.
And here’s his promise:
“I promise, after just one week of using Unique Bootcamp Workouts 2.0. Both you and your clients will be inspired and thrilled with what a difference it makes to your workouts. And once you’ve got the taste of impressing your clients, you’ll wonder how you ever survived without it”.
It comes with a 60 day money back guarantee.
You can find out more about Unique Bootcamp Workouts 2.0 here.
Have a great week with great workouts!
I’m in the gym!
If you’re coaching a bootcamp class, then you are taking part in one of the more popular trends in fitness today.
Meeting outside allows you to take advantage of the challenges of the elements while allowing your clients to work out in the fresh air. Combining cardiovascular and resistance training in one workout helps your clients maximize their caloric burn while achieving gains that neither sustained cardio nor a workout using weights alone can provide. Unfortunately, there are some times when you will not be able to meet your class outside. Perhaps the weather has turned icy, or a series of thunderstorms have rolled into the area, and you don’t want to risk the danger of lightning and/or high winds.
When this happens, there is no reason for your clients to miss a workout, even if they have to stay home. This article contains some tips to help you motivate your clients to get workouts in, even when the class can’t meet as it usually does.
Set up an online motivational plan
Websites such as MyFitness.com or dailymile.com allow you and your class to track the exercises that you do. Setting up a private challenge group that is only open to your clients allows you to create a place for them to track their own progress and see the workouts that their classmates are doing as well. Seeing how they progress over time will motivate them to continue to seek gains. Each time they complete a workout, either with your group or on their own, they enter the information into the website. These sites send out a weekly report of activity, so that your clients have a running journal of their fitness activities that is easy to maintain.
Prepare your class with a Plan B
It’s easier than you think to find an indoor space that serves as a backup meeting place when the weather is simply too bad for your group to meet outdoors. If you have a relationship with a church that has a recreation space, or even a large meeting space that is not a dedicated worship area, or with a local recreation center, you can arrange to have your clients meet there for training sessions during inclement weather. Especially with a recreation center, this may require you to pay a fee for the use of the space, but if you plan this into your budget for your personal training business, it doesn’t have to interfere with your profits. This way, you can still do a routine similar to what you had planned without the pounding of rain or the chill of temperatures that have fallen below freezing.
Prepare a set of online videos
You don’t have to create videos along the line of the Insanity workouts or other video workout series. All you have to do with the video is create a guide that your clients can use to complete a workout when the weather isn’t cooperating with you. YouTube is a perfect tool for this. In your video, describe the series of exercises in the workouts, demonstrating any moves that need special attention when it comes to form. If you want to film a workout that your group does and use that as your video, your client will have something to follow. At the end of the workout, encourage your clients to register their workout online, like on facebook, so it joins their other workouts as a sign of their progress.
In any event, your client should be able to use the video to complete a workout similar to what you had planned, but with exercises that permit completion in the limited space of a living room or bedroom.
Provide a low-tech alternative to the videos
If your exercise routine takes your client through a series of calisthenics, such as planks, jumping jacks, resistance band exercise, and cardio intervals, sometimes a handout can be easier to use than a video. If your client knows the proper form for all of the moves, then following a handout allows your client to move at his own pace if he is exercising alone. Also, there may be times when your client is traveling and has no Internet connection. Having a written fitness workout idea plan allows him to complete in in any setting. The more flexible your workout plans are, particularly the plans for clients who cannot attend workouts for any reason, the more likely your clients are to complete them and continue on the path to fitness instead of falling behind.
Over the years I have collected my share of bootcamp workout ideas.
I have saved my favorites and I am constantly adding to my collection. 90% of the time, I plan my bootcamp workouts using these ideas that I have collected.
What’s great about that, is that it means that I can pull together my workouts
in minutes. It saves me literally hours each day. I used to get so frustrated trying to come up with new, fresh and fun workouts so that my campers wouldn’t get bored.
If you want to make your life easier, run your bootcamp classes – DON’T LET THEM
Don’t spend hours and days trying to reinvent the wheel when you can
simply pick up proven fitness games that have already been used successfully by a
bootcamp veteran. Most people KNOW that they should be doing this,that it would save them time & reduce their stress – but for whatever reason, they DON’T take action and get it done.
My boot camp expert friend Leon Melnicenko (the one who brought you Unique Bootcamp Workouts)
has come up with an awesome NEW resource for you which will be a solution to this problem. He’s put together 25 of his incredibly, creative team games in a brand new resource. Now you can “steal” his ideas – they are like nothing you or your campers have ever seen before!
PS Grab Epic Bootcamp Games Vol 2 => click here