We’re gettin’ ready to kick the year 2013 to the curb.
Gone forever. Another year older, stronger, wiser, and more grateful. Grateful for life, for you, our clients and for those who don’t know that they need us and our fitness services…yet.
The end of the year means lists. This year, my wife and I created our favorite top 10 movie lists. Lists are fun. They’re a way to share a little about yourself with others and learn a little about others. Lists make us slow down and reflect. They make us smile.
Try it. Next time you’re in a comfortable setting with a friend, ask them to give you their top 10 movies.
I’ll bet they smile.
Here then, are my top 3 fitness related random things from 2013.
- Strength training with free weights
- Kettlebell training
- Cardio (sprints, plyo jumps, burpees)
- Green smoothies (spinach, frozen mango, blueberries, stevia, water) made in a nutribullet
- Grilled chicken with green salad. Olive oil and cherry balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- Weight Control by William Hay, MD
- Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenegger
- SuperFit, SuperFast by Scott York (hey, I’m proud of it!)
- Starbucks coffee
- Digestion (paying closer attention)
- Nuts – almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazlenuts
- Protein powder
- Fish oil
- Source Naturals Life Force Multiple Vitamins
- Barbell Squats
- Power Cleans
- Kettlebell Snatch
- GHD situps touching the floor each rep
- Medicine Ball Jack Knife
BEST FITNESS PRACTICES
- Workout before logging onto my computer in the morning (if I log on, I’m probably not getting off again)
- Sleep 7+ hours a night
- Rumble roller for tightness
BEST WORK PRACTICES
- Focus on no more than 3 things at a time
- Never promote others work, without trying it first and liking it
- Seek balance. Don’t spend too much time in one area. Do group training, video, blogs, books, software, training programs, mentor, be mentored. Take walks. Visit friends. Drink wine with wife.
That’s it guys. Random top things in the fitness world. Wonder what yours are?
Have a great 2014 and let’s kick some ass next year!
The Unique Superhero Sprints System That Combines The Two Most Powerful Fat Burning Workouts On The Planet, To Create One Insane Superhero Physique!