Have you ever done partner training for the entire bootcamp class?
You have your bootcampers team up with a partner for the entire class starting with the warm up and ending with the cool down. Tuesdays are a good day if you like themes because it’s…Tuesday or “Twos-day”. There are many ways to team people up into two’s: you can have them pair up as they arrive to class, you can line them up and number them as a “1” or a “2” and then give them 15 seconds or so to find a partner that is the same number as they are, you can divide up the group into two equal groups and have each group number off from 1-8 (or however many are in each group) and then give them 15 seconds or so to find their matching number in the opposite group or you can just have them find a partner. In any event, here is a sample bootcamp partner workout for your next “Twos-day”!
If you use towels for ground exercises in your bootcamp, have your bootcampers use their towel to do:
- light tug of war for 15 seconds switching from the right side of the body to the left side of the body for 2 sets of 15 seconds. This is just stretching so make sure they are not trying to pull their partner down otherwise it may be a long workout 🙂
- biceps/triceps warm up in which one person is doing towel biceps curls while the other person is doing triceps pushdowns – they share the same towel during this drill. Switch after 30 seconds and repeat for 2 sets of 30 seconds.
- shuttle drill – one person runs out 20 yards,performs 10 squat jumps and then runs back to the start and rests while the other person goes and also does 10 reps. Repeat this drill doing 10-8-6-4-2 reps of squat jumps.
Partner Fitness Game
- Rock-paper-scissors tag Play this bootcamp game until one person wins by scoring 5 points.
You and your partner must accumulate:
100 Push ups, then 200 Squats.
1 partner works while the other partner maintains the top of the push up or the bottom of the squat
Partner Cool down
Have each person stretch out the other person by doing various leg stretches for quads and hamstrings.
If you have time left and need something else to do, here’s a note from fellow bootcamp instructor, Leon Melnicenko and a free circuit workout:
I think I’m creating a mini movement with my Bootcamp Team Circuit book…
I’m getting lots of questions about this upcoming product and I can no longer keep up with the replies, so I thought I’d do just one email to explain a few things….
In fact I’ll put them in bullet points to make it easier.
Here’s what it’s all about
- How to use Team Competition Circuits to crush YOUR competitors and supercharge your bootcamp with jaw dropping skills.
- Skills proven to triple your income, make you 100% unique and ensure that you attract a flood of loyal, raving clients who’ll literally ‘market’ your Bootcamp for you.
- You’ll learn in one day what your rivals will never learn in a life time. Why? Because you’ll finally have full access to the following:
- Secrets tried, tested, tweaked and perfected during 1,350 bootcamp sessions…. leaving YOU to claim every ounce of glory.
- Resources that will allow you to set up in multiple locations whilst ‘making’ training new instructors a total breeze. Just send them a copy, that’s it!
- I’ll even give you authorized access to my secret swipe file of print and go workouts, saving you at least 30 hours every month scratching your head wondering what to do.
- You’ll develop a set of super skills unparalleled to any trainer out there. In fact you’ll be producing world class workouts by YOUR very next session.
- Results? Are you kidding? Not only do these workouts incinerate fat, pack on lean muscle and produce KILLER results. But YOUR clients will have insane amounts of fun doing it.
- Finally you’ll have an untapped resource you can claim as your own, which doubles up as a very powerful marketing machine… Giving YOU the guru status you deserve.
Why? Because deep inside YOU’VE always dreamed about taking your business to new heights and placing YOURSELF in the elite upper echelon of bootcamp and group trainers.
Anyway Scott: I hope this sheds a little more light on what’s possible with using Team Competition Circuits to get ahead in this busy market.
In fact here’s another circuit (see below), it’s a favourite in my Bootcamp.
P.S I’m unveiling my secret vault of Team Competition Circuits on the weekend dated 4st April 2014. But only for a very limited time…
Here’s another hidden treasure for your awesome subscribers until then. The is a favourite with my campers.
(right click, save as)