If you’re a bootcamp instructor or coach, this is perfect to add into your group training. All you need is a sledgehammer. Here’s how to do it: Get into the “Powerboat Pose” or “V Hold”. Make sure that your legs are angled high enough so that you have a decent range of motion to work […]
Bored of your usual workout routine? Try this fun workout
From Around the Web
If you’re a bootcamp instructor or coach, this is perfect to add into your group training. All you need is a sledgehammer.
Here’s how to do it:
Get into the “Powerboat Pose” or “V Hold”. Make sure that your legs are angled high enough so that you have a decent range of motion to work with. Next lift the sledgehammer up to the back of your knees and then lower slowly to complete 1 rep.
- Do 10 reps. Rest 10 seconds or have your bootcamp training partner do 10 reps while you rest.
- Do 9 reps. Rest 9 seconds or have your bootcamp training partner do 9 reps while you rest.
- Do 8 reps. Rest 8 seconds or have your bootcamp training partner do 8 reps while you rest.
Keep going all the way down to 3 reps
If you watched the whole video above, you’ll see that I suffered from ab cramps. DO NOT try this exercise until you and your bootcampers are completely warmed up. I jumped right into it and as a result, suffered some mild ab cramps.
You can use this drill as a workout finisher, as an ab/core station, as a “funnel” into another part of a workout, implement it into deck of cards, etc. A sledgehammer is an incredibly versatile tool that travels easily in your car and can be used for every body part. I’ve been using it for years and have created multiple workouts, warm ups and exercises like the one above.
The off centered mass is the key to creating ultra effective exercises. You can read all about the sledgehammer and why I refer to it as “the ultimate conditioning tool” here. A lot of us have the misconception that all you can do with it is strike a big tire. Striking a tire doesn’t even come close to all of the stuff that you can do with a sledgehammer to open up a whole new way of training that your clients will enjoy.
Check it out for tons of exercises, warm ups and workouts that you can immediately implement into your workouts and in your bootcamps!
Sometimes you just gotta take the bull by the horns and take charge.
I use a powerful piece of software to find personal training clients (online and in person) in the Texas area. I can also find online clients around the world. For instance, as of this post I know that their are 1754 opportunities around the world for personal trainers. Either someone is looking to work with a personal trainer to lose weight and get in shape or someone is looking to hire a personal trainer for their business. There are 39 opportunities in the state of Illinois, 229 in the state of California and 41 in Colorado.
And that’s just for the search phrase “personal trainer”.
How about if I searched for:
- personal training
- bootcamp trainer
- boot camp
- bootcamp program
- strength and conditioning
Sometimes I find some pretty funny want ads for a personal trainer. Like the one below:
I love the part about “don’t ask us to eat egg whites, grilled chicken, and broccoli – and never ask us to give up wine.”
- Never ask us to workout?
- Never ask us to get up too early?
- Don’t interrupt us when we’re talking to each other?
- Take lots of pictures of us for our facebook page.
I deleted that want ad.
Anyway, this software is powerful in lots of different ways and I thought you might be interested. Technology can be amazing if used in the right way. If you’re interested in having me run a personalized report for you and your bootcamp/personal training/coaching business, contact me
I’ll take up to 3 people per state, 1-2 for smaller states. You’ll get your own weekly report delivered to your mailbox of people who are looking for a trainer or companies that are looking to hire a trainer. The report comes in csv format which you can load into excel or some similar program.
How much will I charge you? Name your price.
BACK TO SCHOOL ADVERTISING
This is a great time to promote your personal training/bootcamp services to Moms and Dads who have more free time now that the kids are back in school. I’m sending 3 of my 4 back to school tomorrow and I’ll have a lot more free time to do the things that interest me. As fitness pro’s we all know that this time of the year can be dangerous in terms of that holiday weight gain – school activities, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. So I’m creating press releases, articles, videos and social media campaigns to target these stay at home Moms and Dads.
I’m letting them know about my training services, my availability and my desire to help them get in great shape!
It’s also a great time to train those overworked, stressed out teachers.
- Can you offer an exclusive “school yard bootcamp” just for teachers? Go to them after school and train them for 30-45 minutes
- Create an online program for them with videos, a private facebook page and a monthly fitness challenge. Teachers have always been a big part of my own bootcamp. They love training this way and they enlist their fellow teachers to join.
AVOID THE “FRESHMEN FIFTEEN”!
If you’re near a college, you can advertise your “Avoid The Freshmen Fifteen” training program/bootcamp. Let them know that those extra calories in the form of alcohol and pizza, along with sitting for long periods while studying, can put on 15lbs or more of ugly body fat.
And then offer your services. Help them build their own dorm room gym – resistance bands, light dumbbells, suspension trainer. Go on Fiverr.com and find someone to spread your business flyers, business cards around campus for $5. You can find someone on Fiverr.com to create your flyers in just a few days.
FRESHEN UP YOUR BOOTCAMP
One of my favorite “go to” guys for workouts, challenges and games is Leon Melnicenko
He’s JUST updated Unique Bootcamp Workouts to version 2.0. Inside of this massive bootcamp/personal training resource, you’ll get:
- 36 Epic Team Games: Sick of losing clients through the winter? These games are not only fun and exciting but they are proven to keep your clients up to 76% longer than normal giving you a massive boost in your income. (value: $49)
- 36 Team Challenges: Brilliant for building your fitness community very quickly, forging friendships and getting your clients working together as a team. This is the secret that will build your bootcamp and boost your profits in record time. (value: $49)
- 15 Finisher Drills - If you want to get your clients the results they came for and super fast, then use these fat burning metabolic finisher drills. Also great for building client testimonials very quickly. (value$29)
- 20 Individual Challenges: These always create a massive sense of achievement when complete and add something totally different in to the mix. Keeping thing interesting a fresh means your clients wont leave ‘YOU’ for competing camps and low cost gyms. (value: $19)
- 10 Fitness Tests: If you can show your clients they’re improving all the time, they’ll never have a reason to leave your bootcamp. This is how highly successful and profitable bootcamp owners thrive in ‘freezing cold winters‘ when everybody else seems to be sinking. (value: $19)
- 28 Partner Challenges: These are great for building friendships, especially important when new prospects come for their very first session, fitting in straight away will increasing the chance of the the prospect signing up to your bootcamp dramatically. (value: $55)
- 20 Team Circuits: You’ll no longer have to worry about getting your clients Killer results. When mixed with finisher drills, these always produce mind blowing results. Team Circuits are fun, exciting and guaranteed to super charge your workouts. (value: $39)
- 5 Sledge Hammer games: Using fun and challenging games like this instantly separates you from the competition, just think about it, who else is known in your area for delivering fun and action packed workouts, first time, every time.Exactly – Knowbody! (value: $19)
- 3 person/small group challenges - These are simple challenges that can be played just for fun or for points. They are another great way for new members to get to know the group, meaning you’ll get far more sign ups to your bootcamp programme. (value: $19)
- 50 Done for You: Tried and tested workout combinations to get you going. These are the smae workouts that took me from 6 members to over 90 in just 3 short months, just through word of mouth alone. Would you like that? (value: Priceless)
- FREE – Lifetime Upgrades of UBW 2.0: Every time I release an upgraded version of UBW 2.0, which is at least once a year, more like two. You’ll not only get the upgraded version, but you’ll get all the new bonuses that come with it.
And here’s his promise:
“I promise, after just one week of using Unique Bootcamp Workouts 2.0. Both you and your clients will be inspired and thrilled with what a difference it makes to your workouts. And once you’ve got the taste of impressing your clients, you’ll wonder how you ever survived without it”.
It comes with a 60 day money back guarantee.
You can find out more about Unique Bootcamp Workouts 2.0 here.
Have a great week with great workouts!
I’m in the gym!
by Brian Duewel
The other day, I was picking up my youngest son from his summer camp. When I walked in, all the kids were spinning around with hula hoops burning a little energy before the parents showed up.
It got me thinking back to the fitness boot camp I used to offer. Every Saturday morning, a group of clients would meet me at a park and we’d sweat for about an hour. It wasn’t just adults; I had parents with children and kids-only classes too. But what all the classes had in common was that we worked hard, had fun and burned a lot of calories.
That brings me back to the hula hoops at the summer camp. My son Tyler and his buddies were vigorously exercising, without even knowing it. That’s why the hula hoop was a staple at my camps.
I once wrote about how to build a home gym with inexpensive, household equipment; now I’m going to tell you how to organize your own boot camp for almost nothing.
To start, pick up a hula hoop at any dollar store. Just the act of doing the hula will burn calories and work your core. But the fun doesn’t stop there. What I would do at the boot camps is roll the hoops out and make everyone chase after them. The sprinting and diving is great for cardiovascular fitness and agility.
Next, find an open field, whip out a few tennis balls and have everyone sprint to find them. With a group of people, you can throw a bunch of balls and whoever brings back the most wins the reward of an extra break.
If you’re near an actual playground, take full advantage of the monkey bars and other equipment. With my crew, we would do step-ups on the park benches, jog up and down the stairs and do triceps dips off the picnic table.
A simple little jump rope can go a long way to raise the heart rate – it’s actually a lot tougher than most adults remember. And obviously, ordinary calisthenics like running, pushups, crunches, jumping jacks and mountain climbers are free fitness tools you can add to your exercise repertoire.
The last great thing about my location was that there was a hill that would make everyone’s calves, quads and lungs burn. At the end of the hour, we’d run to the top and finish class with a “Rocky” dance. That’s an entire boot camp class for around $10.
Brian Duewel is a syndicated fitness columnist. If you have questions, comments, recipes or information you’d like to pass on, contact him at email@example.com; check out his blog at healthylivingwithbrianduewel.com
note – It’s a great time to start a bootcamp if you’ve been considering it. There’s tons of info on my site here at Fitness Workout Ideas, just use the search box at the top and type in bootcamp or visit my website at http://www.howtostartabootcamp.com